lout-users

The @ChapterGap parameter

From: nijbhav
Subject: The @ChapterGap parameter
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:48:24 +0400

On Thu, 18 May 2000, address@hidden wrote:
> Im working with Lout -3-17 to generate  Postcript . To do this I am
> working wiht the" book" pattern.
>
> Is it possible to indicate to the  LOUT that it does not necesary to
> cover the page when a chapter is finished ?
>
> Many thanks

In relation with this let me mention a doubt I had while reading the Expert's
guide. It mentions a @ChapterGap parameter (Section 4.4) but this is not
visible in the layout file 'bookf' that came with the distribution. According
to the guide, one can start a chapter in the same page after the end of the
previous chapter by adjusting the value of @ChapterGap.

Has the parameter become obsolete? If yes, what is the method to achieve a
similar result?
 --
"Once a satyagrahi, always a satyagrahi"