lout-users

Re: How do you use Lout?

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: How do you use Lout?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:51:36 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Friday, May 19, 2000 at 00:25:51 (-0400), I wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: How do you use Lout?
>
> I use lout for almost every document I write

I forgot to mention that I write these documents manually, usually in
emacs with lout-mode.

The only automated document preparation I ever tried was a stab at a
simple awk script that would generate the guts of a table for inclusion
into an outer wrapper that produced invoices.  It worked quite well but
we abandoned the whole thing because we found we needed the rest of the
accounting package too and we didn't want to write it all from scratch.
The system we ended up choosing was QuickBooks, which of course runs on
PCs not unix, and at the time it couldn't even export invoice data so
even though its invoice forms were not nearly so pretty or flexible we
ended up using them anyway.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <address@hidden>      <robohack!woods>