lout-users

Re: Again - lout on Linux

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Again - lout on Linux
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 00:48:53 +0400

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 10:00:35PM +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:

> What does it mean "not in the scope"?
>
> import @BasicSetup
>
> into
>
> import @DocumentSetup
>
> to get hopefully more symbols, lout breaks with "@DocumentSetup not
> in scope".  I have no idea what's up and despite you advice ("Trust
> error messages"), I am clueless as what to do.

So make that

    import @BasicSetup @DocumentSetup

i.e. specify a "full path" to the symbol you're importing from.  You
can also use a "relative path" if some of the parent symbols are
already in scope (e.g. after @Use or enclosing import/extend clauses).

'mydefs' is processed after relevant packages were @SysInclude'd, but
before we made any @Use of them.

> The last question is concerned with overstriking.  How to do it?

I have posted this to the list not long ago.  Check archives for my
posting "Re: Cross out" dated 17 Jan 2000.

SY, Uwe