lout-users

Re: Version 3.18 of Lout now available

From: Henrik Martensson
Subject: Re: Version 3.18 of Lout now available
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:51:44 +0100

Valeriy E. Ushakov <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>
> > Is anyone planning to port version 3.18 to Win 95/98/NT/2k?
>
> If you have a C compiler - building Lout in Win32 is straightforward.

I am a bit C challenged, I am afraid. I don't own or have access to a C
compiler, and it is a long time since I used one.

> BTW, recent lcc-win32, a free C compiler for win32, was able to
> compile 3.17 ok (earlier versions of lcc-win32 had problems with
> z14.c).

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't even aware there were any free C compilers for
Win32.

> I'll make a win32 build (with VC6) some time later in the coming week.

Since I am not in a desperate hurry to upgrade, I think I'll wait for your
win32 build of Lout. I am working on more XML to Lout transformations, and
it'll be considerably more than a week before I have any spare time in which
to experiment with lcc-win32.

Regards,

Henrik