lout-users

An EPS-related bug in lout?

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: An EPS-related bug in lout?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:50:52 +0100

Following-up to my previous e-mail about eps bounding boxes.

The files were created on an Apple Macintosh computer. I thought of
inserting a BoundingBox manually, so I opened them in Xemacs. The
lines were all mangled, but there was a BoundingBox entry!

I soon discovered that Macintosh uses LF to indicate the end of the
line, and lout was not able to cope with that (I don't know if it's a
bug in lout, it depends whether using LF makes a conforming EPS file,
but all Mac programs seem to do it). If it's a bug, it should be easy
to correct.

Meanwhile,

recode ap..ibmpc *.eps

solved my problems.