lout-users

Re: Spanning again

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Spanning again
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:31:34 +0300

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 11:16:28AM +0100, Matthias Teege wrote:

> My problem ist the different height of the rows.

> |         | row one                    |
> | picture |-----------------------------
> |         | row two                    |
>
> The height of the picture isn't fix. Is there any way to
> make the rows height equal?

Both User's guide (p118) and Expert's Guide (p51) state that if the
right paramter to @Start*Span occupies more space than all of the
spanned columns or rows combined require, the extra space goes into
the last spanned column or row.

I've played with it a bit, but it seems that you can't force lout to
apportion space differently without hacking the internals.

SY, Uwe