lout-users

Re: Lout debugging

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Lout debugging
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:30:36 +0400

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 04:06:21PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

> I'm trying to debug some things in lout.  I've been using @Box to
> show boundaries of my objects, but that adds some space around them
> and isn't really accurate.  Is there an easy way to do something
> like set a background color for an arbitrary lout object so I can
> see exactly how big lout thinks it is?

Every time I need it I usually add to mydefs.lt a small definition
that basicly wraps its parameter in @Graphic that fills the
background, may be stroke primary marks, &c ad libitum.  If you speak
PostScript, writing this sort of debugging aid shouldn't be a problem.
This is so simple, I never bother to save and reuse this definition.

See @Colour, @AddPaint, @LineWidth from `bsf'.  Take a look at @Box,
but remember that you don't want to contract the object and shift its
marks.

SY, Uwe