lout-users

Re: ref list in order of appearance

From: David Duffy
Subject: Re: ref list in order of appearance
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:38:45 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Mikko Huhtala wrote:

> I'd like to sort my list of references in the order of appearance in the
> text. The 3.13 User's Guide states quite bluntly that "there is no way

Other people on the list have mentioned their solutions in the past, I think.

If you live in a Unix (or DJGPP or Cygwin) environment, you can do as I
do ;)

ordcite doc.lout ordered.lout

ordcite:

#
# Pass through Lout document and produce list of citations
# in order they occur in the text
#
AWK=gawk
SED=sed

$AWK '
BEGIN { RS="[{}]"
        n=0
}
/@Cite/ {
        getline
        if (!cite[$0]) {
          n++
          cite[$0]=n
        }
}
END   { for (c in cite) {
          print "s/\\" c "/$ label {" cite[c] "} " \
                substr(c,index(c,"$")+1) "/g"
        }
}' $1 > ordcite.sed
$SED -f ordcite.sed $1 > $2