lout-users

RE: .eps problem

From: mzukowski
Subject: RE: .eps problem
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:03:35 -0700

Try adding a DocumentMedia comment in your eps generator:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
%%BoundingBox: 0.0 0.0 23 19
%%DocumentMedia: Plain 23 19 0 white ()
%%Creator: EPSImage (MageLang Institute)
%%EndComments

I notice when I open your attached file in ghostview that it occupies a
whole page with the ball in the lower left corner.

When I added the DocumentMedia line ghostview opened it at the right size.
I don't know enough about the Document Structuring Comments in eps to help
any more than that, but here's what lout generates when it gen's eps:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: Basser Lout Version 3.12 (April 1998)
%%CreationDate: Fri Jan 29 14:29:09 1999
%%DocumentData: Binary
%%DocumentNeededResources: (atend)
%%DocumentMedia: Plain 108 92 0 white ()
%%DocumentSuppliedResources: (atend)
%%Pages: (atend)
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 108 92
%%EndComments

I include eps files all the time with no problems.

Monty

P.S.  Hi Jim!  Glad to see you using Lout.