lout-users

Re: gap-problems in lists

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: gap-problems in lists
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:31:57 +0300

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 11:27:11AM +0100, Volker Renneberg wrote:

> blank space between these items is different even in the same list.
[...]
> @NumberedList
>       @ListItem{Mensch}
>       @ListItem{Gruppe}
>       @ListItem{Organisation}
> @End @Text

I believe this was answered by Jeff recently.  The problem is that
"Gruppe" has descenders, so the gap between the second and the third
item is large enough to accomodate both the capital `O' from
"Organisation" and descenders from "Gruppe".

> Is there any possibility to avoid this behaviour of lout?

For longer items try struts approach Jeff suggested.

For one line items try playing with gap option to *List symbols.  Use
overstrike gap mode `o' to specify the exact baseline to baseline
distance.

HTH.

SY, Uwe