lout-users

Re: Lout 3.13 [not really a] Bug with margin notes and PDF

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Lout 3.13 [not really a] Bug with margin notes and PDF
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 02:53:51 +0300

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 05:33:59PM -0600, Glauber Ribeiro wrote:

> having that backend as a quick preview feature (i don't use it for final
> output anyway, because the output looks ugly when displayed in Acrobat
> Viewer).

As I already wrote, upgrade to 4.0beta (available for Unix now as
well).  They fixed that bug that caused Lout output to look bad.

And answering your next mail:

> It would be nice if the PostScript backend would insert the
> hyperlinks (since there is some sort of convention for this, sorry
> but i can't remember what it's called right now).

It's pdfmark operator (Adobe's TechNote #5150).  BTW, GSview for
Windows supports it directly when you view PostScript (I think some of
Java specs in PS format are done in FrameMaker and have the pdfmark
embedded, so you can click links when you view PS, e.g. the inner
classes spec, IIRC).

SY, Uwe