lout-users

Huge trees printing

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Huge trees printing
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:54:54 -0000

Hi,

there is a task, which I am wishing since I first met computer but
without any success yet: which is, how to print HUGE tree diagrams which
cannot fit on one page, and how to do it automagically. By huge tree I
mean genealogical trees of some hundreds (maybe thousands) of folks.

Did you ever met any program capable of breaking such huge trees apart
(available over INet)?

How would it be possible to accomplish such thing in lout presuming,
that lout input would be output of some other program breaking tree into
one page diagrams?

How could another program know how big will be anything produced by lout
(is it possible at all?)?

etc.

                Thanks for any thoughts
                                        Matthew