lout-users

Re: Trobule in formulas

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Trobule in formulas
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:24:25 +0300

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 05:34:48PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> In my experience GhostScript sometimes has this kind of problems with
> thin punctuation.  Try using Adobe's Symbol font, not URW's clone
> that comes with GS and see if the problem is gone.  You can get
> Adobe's Symbol font with various Adobe products, e.g. their
> free-of-charge Acrobat Reader.

Ok, I got to my office box where I can actually view the file you've
sent.  It's NT4 with GS5.10.  When I view you file I can not see those
glyphs.  But after I've replaced Symbol with original Adobe's font I
can see them.  So this could be a bug in or bad interaction between GS
Type1 rasterizer and/or URW's Symbol clone (called StandardSymL).

Upgrade to GS5.50, get Adobe Acrobat Reader, configure GS to use
Adobe's fonts and this will fix your problem.

Hope that helps.

SY, Uwe