lout-users

Re: embedding postscript font into the .ps file

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: embedding postscript font into the .ps file
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 19:59:28 +0300

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 05:28:12PM +0100, Rafalek Polonski wrote:

> I have seen a lot of TeX users who embed into their documnet
> postscript font to make life easier for people who read their
> document and don't have appropriate font. Of course such .ps file is
> much bigger but I am wondering if it is possible to do the same
> trick in lout.

Use `includeres' from PSUtils.

    ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/ajcd/

One word of caution, though.  Lout put %%IncludeResource comments into
page setup section, only fonts of the first page goes to the document
setup section.  So if you use some font on every page except the first
a copy of font will be inserted into every page setup section which
will really bloat the result.  You might want to move all the
%%IncludeResource comments (for commonly used fonts) into document
setup before running `includeres'.

SY, Uwe