lout-users

Re: Large index causes problems

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Large index causes problems
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:48:58 +1000

Stephan Pabst writes:
> When formatting the document ("database.lt"), Lout stops anywhere between
> the second and the fifth run and prints the following error message:
>
> lout:
>         fatal error: database file datenbank.ld too deeply nested

Uwe recommends increasing MAX_LEX_STACK.  Although this will probably
work, I wonder what the original cause is.  Perhaps there is some
complex thing in the index entries, or perhaps there is some complex
thing going through the database system which itself contains index
entries?

I recommend a quick check to make sure that the high level document
structure is in good order:

    @Book
    //
    @Chapter { ... }
    @Chapter { ... }

and so on.  And I think I will modify the error message to print out
the current lex stack, so that users can see what is causing the
depth problem.

Jeff