lout-users

Re: self-loops in graphs

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: self-loops in graphs
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:48:07 +0400

Michael,

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 09:30:06PM +0200, Michael Piotrowski wrote:

> - The way I coded the start state is clumsy, and there might be more
> than one, and then it'll become a mess.  I tried to code the
> in-pointing arrow as a label which contains a diagram which only
> contains an arrow, but I need to be able to label this arrow, and
> I'm not yet good enough at Lout (I have to admit that I find the
> syntax not really more intuitive than TeX's) to handle this; it
> didn't seem very elegant to me, either.

Remove the Start @Node and replace the first arrow with:

    @Arrow from address@hidden ++ 2f atangle 135d} to address@hidden ylabel{r-1}

Refer to section 9.10 ``Expert usage...'' of the user guide for
details, but basicly the above @Arrow says that it's starting point
should lie 2f away from address@hidden at angle of 135 degrees.

I'm afraid that it's not possible to wrap this into a nice symbol for
an incoming arrow without duplicating all of the @Link named
parameters.  Is it possible to introduce currying into Lout?  Though
I'm not sure what a syntax might be for currying named paramters.

>    extend @DiagramPrint @Diag
>    macro @FinalNode {
>       @Circle vmargin{0f} @Circle hmargin{0.5f}
>    }

> - The code for the end state seems equally bad to me; I'm not really
> sure why it works, and I hate that :-)

Does @Circle margin {0.3f} @Circle {0.4f} look better?

Hope it helps.

SY, Uwe