lout-users

Binary distribution of Lout 3.11 for Win32 available

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Binary distribution of Lout 3.11 for Win32 available
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:26:16 +0300

I have put a zip archive of binary lout distribution for win32 at

  ftp://ftp.ptc.spbu.ru/pub/unix/text/lout/ports/win32/lt311w32.zip

It successfully processes all the standard documentation.  If you will
have problems - mail me.  The version on the ftp doesn't use
collation.

On Fri, Nov 28, 1997 at 11:15:40PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> PS: I compiled with vc5 - it runs pretty well on standard docs but
>     cannot find @Roman&1 and @UCAlpha&1.  Looks like yet another ftell
>     problem in SearchFile.  I will investigate it as time permits.

Oops, this is my own fault.  I compiled lout with collation first.
The problem is that the collation patch I've sent to Jeff (and that
was integrated in the lout 3.11) was made against the wrong source
tree.  One thing is missing from the patch: StringEqual and
StringLessEqual must be defined in terms of strcoll not strcmp when we
use collation.  Otherwise database are sorted with one collation order
and searched with another.  It was unnoticed since my Russian
collation sequnce on Unix have ASCII in asciibetical order so strcmp
and strcoll return identical results for ASCII.  In win32 locale for
Russian the ASCII is not in asciibetical order hence the problem
manifested.  My apologies.

As I have understood the problem on my way to home, the distribution
on the ftp doesn't have locale aware binaries.  I will update the
archive and include collating version in the beginning of the next
week.

SY, Uwe