lout-users

Re: using LOUT etc.

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: using LOUT etc.
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 00:40:05 +0400

On Sun, Sep 07, 1997 at 08:08:40PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

>       1. I did not completely understand explanation about "@PP 1.5 fx
> @Break etc". That presupposes more study of LOUT. Thanks for the elaborate
> answer.

I hope that the workaround works for you though.

>       2. Did I see it right, that it is possible to write inline
> PostScript in LOUT? Please let me know.

Yes, you can.  See sections 3.32-3.34 of the Expert's Guide (pp. 56-60
in preformatted A4 version shipped with Lout).

1. You can prepend arbitrary PostScript code to document prologue with
   @PrependGraphic.  This is useful if you need some set of PostScript
   procedures available for use in inline PostScript code in @Graphic.

2. You can include arbitrary PostScript code with @IncludeGraphic
   provided it has DSC %%BoundingBox: comment.  This is typically used
   for inclusion of EPS illustrations.

3. You can use @Graphic to insert arbitrary PostScript code around any
   Lout object.  Lout will setup an environment for this code in which
   the size of the object and coordiantes of its principal marks are
   available.

   Check `dl' for simple examples of @Graphic (boxes, rules).
   Check `diag' for a deep magic.

Hope it helps.