lout-users

Re: Preaching DSSSL (Re: using LOUT)

From: Sean Russell
Subject: Re: Preaching DSSSL (Re: using LOUT)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:05:15 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Aug, Chris Herborth wrote:
> I would LOVE to see a Lout back-end for Jade.  We do all of our

I'm sure, being SGML and DSSSL advocates, that both of you are aware of
the sdc (prev: typeset) package by Jörg Wittenberger.  While it suffers
from some handicaps (no, it isn't jade;  no, it isn't a generic SGML
parser; and yes, it does require BigLoo to compile) it /can/ produce
Lout output.

A Jade Lout backend would be a better, more general, solution, I agree.

--- SER