lout-users

Re: MS-DOS line drawing font in Lout?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: MS-DOS line drawing font in Lout?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 03:30:47 +0400

On Fri, Aug 15, 1997 at 03:01:48PM -0500, Frank Sergeant wrote:

>      So, I am getting closer to a solution of some sort.
> If anyone has further suggestions or a pointer
> to an IBM/OEM (PC8) monospaced type 1 font and an associated
> afm file, I am (as Ross Perot might say) "all ears."

Just go to ftp.x.org or a closest mirror that have unpacked tree.
This directory contains both pfa (font) and afm (metrics) files:

             ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/R6.3/xc/fonts/scaled/Type1/

Most boring task will be writing of LCM file.  Get a chartable for
your codepage, the output from prfont.ps with glyph names in it and
maps/std.LCM to start with (it will save you from typing in ASCII) -
in half an hour you will have it.

SY, Uwe