lout-users

Re: greetings and request

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: greetings and request
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 21:08:02 -0500

A long time ago, Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> said:

>I'm back from holidays and open for suggestions for new features for
>the next release of Lout, which I'm working on now.  Especially I'd
>like to hear about anything that seems to be a bug:  if you don't
>tell me, I can't fix it.  (Please don't resend anything, I archive
>all my Lout mail.)

* Gap between text body and footnote line.

I'd consider this one a bug.

>From the looks of @SimplePageList, the gap between the line that
starts the footnote area and the preceeding text is the same as the
gap between the page headers and footers and the text body of the page
(@MidGap).  I think this gap should have its own parameter
(@PreFootnoteGap?), so that one can change the gap above the footnote
line without changing the gap between the page headers and footers and
the text.

* ToRecto & ToVerso

A new feature.

Some way of specifying that sections or chapters always start on, for
instance, a right-handed page (or the other way around), so that a
blank page is automatically inserted to ensure this.  (I sometimes
keep two different setup files with different page sizes, number of
columns, etc., for the same lout file because I need to produce it in
more than one output format.

--
T. Kurt Bond, address@hidden