lout-users

[Q] single specialized header for every page

From: myk melez
Subject: [Q] single specialized header for every page
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 02:32:40 -0800

Hi,

I'm having difficulties understanding how to generate headers for a
particular application.  I'm developing a Perl script to automatically
generate a series of documents.  Each document is identified by a unique id
number, and I'd like that number in the header of every page of each
document (along with a page number). Mostly these documents will be job
openings for the campus I work at.

>From reading the User's Guide it seems that in order to accomplish this I
need to set @PageHeaders { titles } and enclose my entire document in a
@Section tag with a @Title tag set to the id number of the file.  This
seems rather clumsy, and brings up the problem of removing the consequences
of a section (section numbers, titles, etc.) from the document.

Is it correct to say that headers in Lout are specialized for publishing
books and technical reports or papers?  If not, how might I go about
accomplishing this task?  If there is a relevant part of the User's Guide
or the Expert's Guide a pointer would be great.

[Compounding the difficulty is that I've been unable to print out page 76
of the 3.06 User's Manual (nor the corresponding page of the 3.02 manual).
GSView 3.3 for the Mac also fails to display it.  Page 76 is the beginning
of section 4.4, Page numbers and running headers. :-/]

Thanks,
     myk

myk melez  |  <URL:http://www.paranoia.com/~myk/>  |  address@hidden