lout-users

Page count in footer

From: Lale Shripad S-INDIA
Subject: Page count in footer
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 16:50:55 +0100

I wish to have a footer for my faxes which have the form

                     - Page 1 of 2 -

                     - Page 2 of 2 -

A few people on the net already told me how to get the total
page count at any point in the document. But How do I put it
in a footer?

If I define

 @OddFoot    { @Centre{- @PageNum of @PageOf _EndOfDocument_  -} }
 @EvenFoot   { @Centre{- @PageNum of @PageOf _EndOfDocument_  -} }

in the setup file 'doc', I get the message, Undefined symbol @PageOf.
The same statement works fine within the document.

So, any idea how I can form the above footer where the page number and
the total number of pages is inserted automatically?

Thanks.

| Shripad Lale          |Internet: address@hidden |
| PSE-LT4, Siemens AG   |Phone: (+43-1) 601 71 - 5989          |
| Gudrunstrasse 11      |Fax:   (+43-1) 601 71 - 6399          |
| A-1101 Vienna AUSTRIA |                                      |