lout-users

Lout for non-English users

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Lout for non-English users
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 20:00:12 +1000

(1) I'm looking for TeX hyphenation patterns files (with exception
    lists) for languages other than English, to include in the
    forthcoming release of Lout.  I already have Finnish, Swedish,
    and German patterns sent by one correspondent, but there were no
    exception lists.  If you want hyphenation in the language of your
    choice in the next release, please hunt out these files!

(2) The next release will allow multiple names for each language:
    one English name, one native name, and possibly other names.
    For example, Danish and Dansk for Danish.  If you want a say
    in what these names are, please cast your vote now.

(3) The other step in making Lout language-friendly is to build a
    database of translations for the various words that it uses
    e.g. Chapter, January, etc.  I'm looking for volunteers who
    are willing to translate a list of thirty or so such words.

By the way, after prompting from one correspondent my previously
circulated proposal for languages other than English has been
improved considerably.  It will now handle multilingual documents;
you can change languages as easily as changing fonts.

Jeff Kingston
address@hidden