lout-users

SUMMARY headers and footers

From: Peter Samuel
Subject: SUMMARY headers and footers
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 11:17:24 +1100 (AEDST)

Thanks to Jeff Kingston and Mark Griffith for helping me out. It seems
that I learn better when I have an example to work from.

The solution I am using is as follows:

    @SysInclude {ft}
    @SysInclude {dl}
    @SysInclude {eq}
    @SysInclude {tab}
    @SysInclude {fig}

    def @Header { {Helvetica Bold +3p} @Font {Header Text}}
    def @Footer { Page }

    @Use { @Document Layout
        @InitialFont {Schoolbook Base 10p}
        @HeadingFont {Helvetica Bold}
        @PageOneTopFormat { |0.5rt @Header }
        @PageOneFootFormat { |1rt @Footer @PageNum }
        @PageTopFormat { |0.5rt @Header }
        @PageFootFormat { |1rt @Footer @PageNum }
    }

    @Doc

    @Text @Begin

    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text

    @End @Text

This gives pages of the form

                    Header Text

    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text
    document text, document text, document text

                                        Page 1

Note that it will put headers and footers on the FIRST page as well as
subsequent pages which overrides the default setup.

Many thanks.

Regards
Peter
Peter Samuel                                address@hidden
Technical Consultant                        or at present:
Uniq Professional Services                  address@hidden
Phone: +61 2 339 3953                       Fax: +61 2 339 3688