lout-users

Re: new graph plotting package

From: Aaron Roydhouse
Subject: Re: new graph plotting package
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 1994 08:52:34 +1300

==> address@hidden (Ed Frank) said:

> I've just completed a new Lout package for plotting graphs (the

Sounds really useful, I'll definitely give it a go. Presently I use
gnuplot for such things, which handles formulae quite well but doesn't
do anything for histograms.

Ed> 6.  Will the current design allow the addition of filled (shaded)
Ed> regions?  The region would be defined by the user's data, the
Ed> axes, or even intersections, unions, etc. of regions.

This would certainly be a valuable feature, although I suspect we
could throw graphing `feature' requests at you endlessly :-)

Ed> By the way, add me to the list of people who would prefer not to
Ed> think about white space: I would like a mode in which the number
Ed> of blanks between words in the input did not affect the output.

Yep, add me too. I'd far rather be explicit where I want multiple
spaces or lines to pass through to the output. Perhaps a new break
style which collapses whitespace?

Aaron.