lout-users

Re: citations

From: Gene Kim
Subject: Re: citations
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 17:06:24 -0500

> The DocumentLayout package only provides one style of reference at
> the moment, which is sorted alphabetically by tag with the number
> inserted into the document (Beginners' Guide, section 10).  It wouldn't
> be very hard to extend this, and I would be interested in hearing what
> people require in this way.

    I really like the way 'refer' lets you cite by any field (e.g.,
tag, author, keyword, etc).  Sure you can get ambiguous references,
but it does warn you!  :-)  I find using Bibtex difficult because of
this...

    Since you have probably guess that my tags are not always the
author names, sorting by tag in the bibliography doesn't work very
well for me.

    Just some thoughts...

Gene