lordsawar-discuss

Re: [Lordsawar-discuss] Bug in translation

From: Ben Asselstine
Subject: Re: [Lordsawar-discuss] Bug in translation
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:46:14 -0400

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:40:13 +0200
Mecatxis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm working on the catalan translation of Lordsawar.
>
> I found a problem when trying to translate the "Cancel city bonus"
> sentence. The full translation would be "Cancel·la la bonificació de
> ciutat", but I get the following error when opening the "Army bonus"
> window:
>
> (lordsawar:26691): glibmm-CRITICAL **:
> unhandled exception (type Glib::Error) in signal handler:
> domain: g_convert_error
> code  : 1
> what  : Invalid byte sequence in conversion input.
>
> It seems to be caused by two separate reasons:
> 1) Using the "middle dot" character in the translation.
> 2) The translation being too long.
>
> How can we solve it? It looks like a bug to me.

Hi,

Thanks for your translation work!  I see that you are a member of
the Catalan team on the translationproject.org.

I plugged in the Catalan phrase directly into the code, recompiled and
reproduced the error by running it and opening up the Army Bonus dialog.

The problem is that I'm not putting *any* of the translated phrases
through the Glib::locale_to_utf8 method.  Whoops!  The next version of
the game will contain that fix.

I've made a bug in the tracker for this issue.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?31137

Thanks so much for reporting this!  I hope to include your Catalan
translation in the next version.

Ben