lmi

Re: [lmi] Nuisance message from 'wine'

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Nuisance message from 'wine'
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 00:34:52 +0200

On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 22:28:33 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> In a chroot built from scratch just now...
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/bin[0]$echo $SCHROOT_CHROOT_NAME
GC> lmi_bookworm_5
GC>
GC> ...with an msw x86-64 binary...
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/bin[0]$file ./lmi_wx_shared.exe
GC> ./lmi_wx_shared.exe: PE32+ executable (GUI) x86-64, for MS Windows
GC>
GC> ...this command tells me that wine32 is missing, although
GC> the command works just fine (I can see and interact as
GC> expected with the msw GUI):
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/bin[0]$wine ./lmi_wx_shared.exe --ash_nazg
--data_path=/opt/lmi/data
GC> it looks like wine32 is missing, you should install it.
GC> multiarch needs to be enabled first.  as root, please
GC> execute "dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update &&
GC> apt-get install wine32"

 I hated this warning so much that I've worked around this in the CI
workflow file, see this part of it:

            # Set WINEDEBUG to avoid annoying warnings about wine32 being
            # missing: this is not a problem in our case, we want to only
            # run 64-bit programs in this build, so set WINEDEBUG to a
            # value equivalent to its default/unset value but recognized
            # as disabling error output by Debian /usr/bin/wine script.
            echo 'WINEDEBUG=-all,err+all,fixme+all' >> $GITHUB_ENV

 Of course, you should set WINEDEBUG in your environment directly instead
of using (non-existent) $GITHUB_ENV.

 I think it's a bad decision to do this in Debian wrapper script, but at
least it's simple enough to work around it (after looking at what this
script does).

 Hope this helps,
VZ