lmi

Re: [lmi] UBSAN flags

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] UBSAN flags
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 23:23:52 +0200

On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 19:51:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> On 6/3/22 17:47, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:29:18 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
[...]
GC> > GC> My first question is whether you ever got 'i7702.cpp' to finish
GC> > GC> compiling. It's gone for many minutes here already, even with
GC> > GC> the second (not '#'-commented) set of flags above.
GC> >
GC> >  I didn't have any problem with this or any other file, but I didn't use
GC> > -fno-sanitize-recover=all because by the time I learnt about it, I had
GC> > already built everything without it and I didn't want to rebuild again.
GC>
GC> What optimize option did you use? I used '-O3', and perhaps that's
GC> my problem. I'll try again with '-O0' or perhaps '-Og'.

 I didn't use any optimization flags at all, i.e. the equivalent of "-O0",
but "-Og" would be a better choice. I think UBSAN documentation recommends
using at least "-O1" as the performance of the generated code is too poor
otherwise, but at least for running the lmi unit tests "-O0" is good
enough.

 Good luck,
VZ