lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: C++20 and clang (but not only)

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: C++20 and clang (but not only)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 01:04:52 +0200

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 16:28:31 +0200 I wrote:

>  Enabling support for designated initializers did have one unexpected
> consequence: enabling C++20 for clang also enables the previously disabled
> warnings about using enums in potentially suspicious way

 I'd like to return to this topic as I've realized, after testing the
latest changes with MSVC and gcc 11 in C++20 mode, that they also give the
same, or at least similar, warnings. So, finally, I think it would be best
to really fix them, rather than disabling them for each of these compilers,
as I've already done for clang.

 Of course, fixing them is not going to be completely trivial, otherwise I
would have already done it, so I'd appreciate your confirmation that you
agree with doing this before embarking on this.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ