lmi

[lmi] Pruning unused headers (was: [lmi-commits] master 6357b47 3/5: Exp

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Pruning unused headers (was: [lmi-commits] master 6357b47 3/5: Explain why 'handle_exceptions.hpp' is included)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 01:41:19 +0100

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 19:00:12 -0500 (EST) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 6357b47ea77b367f0c888489892b184a49c8b0cb
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC>
GC>     Explain why 'handle_exceptions.hpp' is included
GC>
GC>     Searching for a word in a comment on an include-directive (e.g.,
GC>     with vim's 'g*') ideally finds a reason for including a header.
GC>     Such is now the case for 'handle_exceptions.hpp'. This is useful
GC>     when it's unclear why or whether a header must be included, and
GC>     for pruning old include-directives that are no longer needed.

 I wonder if you'd be interested in running this tool:

        https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use

on lmi sources. I admit I've always wanted to test it on some (ideally
non-trivial) project, so I've never proposed it here (or at least I hope I
didn't do it and forget about it) because I didn't want to bother you with
not strictly necessary things, but if you're interested in pruning the
unnecessary headers, it could be a better idea to use this tool rather than
doing it manually.

 Please let me know if you think it would be worth putting this in my TODO
list (after the current tasks, of course).

 Thanks,
VZ