lmi

[lmi] Concinnity check and hardcoded paths

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Concinnity check and hardcoded paths
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 02:14:41 +0200

 Hello,

 I'm probably going to apply the changes at

        https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/164/files

soon, in order to check concinnity automatically for all PRs, but it
somewhat bothers me that we need to create files with hardcoded names, such
as /tmp/schroot_env (but also /opt/lmi/src/lmi), in order to allow this
test to pass.

 So I wonder if you would be open to an idea of working around this problem
in some other way? The problem is that the only one I see right now is to
explicitly disable SC1091 before each inclusion of this file, but this
would require many changes and doesn't seem particularly appealing. OTOH it
is "correct", for some meaning of "correct": we really don't care about
checking this file for the errors.

 In any case, there are other possibilities, e.g. we could have some kind
of restrained concinnity check that wouldn't consider lmi_setup*.sh at all,
as these files are only ever modified by you anyhow, so we don't risk
breaking anything in them.

 But I don't want to spend time on this if you think that it's not really a
problem in the first place, hence why I'm asking this question first. Of
course, it's not a secret that I hope that one day lmi could be compiled
entirely inside its own part of file system (specified by "prefix" value,
which already exists, but currently has to be set to /opt/lmi for things to
work) and for this there shouldn't be any hardcoded absolute paths anywhere
in it, so I also hope for a positive answer, but I realize that this isn't
the most crucial or urgent thing to do, so, again, I can perfectly well
commit the current changes and at least achieve the main goal, which is
worth pursuing, i.e. ensure that all checks are done automatically for all
changes. Please let me know what do you think.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ