lmi

Re: [lmi] pc-linux-gnu: wxPdfDoc configure fails

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] pc-linux-gnu: wxPdfDoc configure fails
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 21:39:31 +0000

On 2020-10-08 20:48, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  OK, I'm pretty sure this is a bug in wx-config --host handling, maybe the
> same one as https://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/12698 or maybe a different
> one. I've tried to touch it as little as possible since ~20 years, but I'll
> muster the courage to look at it and fix this soon. But the question is,
> why do use --host at all in the native build?

No good reason; just because it was there already for cross builds.

> I'm almost certain that if
> you didn't specify it, things should work.

That's it! Now...

checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.0... yes (version 3.1.4)
checking for wxWidgets static library...
          Warning: No config found to match:
/opt/lmi/local/gcc_x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/wx-config >
                   in /opt/lmi/local/gcc_x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/wx/config
          If you require this configuration, please install the desired
          library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
          test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.

Ignoring that warning as the last quoted sentence suggests, everything now
builds, and I'm looking at lmi's GUI in all its GTK glory. No 'wine', so
I'll probably even be able to use gdb again after all these years. Thanks!