lmi

[lmi] Illustrations pagination and paragraph splitting?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Illustrations pagination and paragraph splitting?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 17:44:48 +0200

 Hello,

 I'd like to ask if we should continue to allow splitting paragraphs over
page breaks in the new PDF generation code or if it would be better to keep
the paragraphs on the same page (and so put a page break before the
paragraph if it doesn't fit on the page entirely)?

 Current illustrations do split paragraphs, as can be easily seen using
"sample2ipp" product, and it's, of course, simpler to allow doing it rather
than doing something special to prevent it from happening, but it just
doesn't look right to me and I was actually sure that it was a bug before I
looked at the old code and realized that it did the same thing. So now I
can't help wondering if it did it intentionally or just because there is no
equivalent of "page-break-inside: avoid;" CSS property in XSL-FO (I
actually don't even know if there is one or not...)?

 This question is not urgent, but it would be nice to have an answer to it
before I submit the final version of the patch.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ