lmi

Re: [lmi] VCS caching

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] VCS caching
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:23:39 +0000

On 2018-04-16 19:46, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2018-04-15 11:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 00:54:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...big snip...]
>
> After extensive offline discussions, I've reimplemented 'install_wx.make'
> in the simpler way that you proposed, and I think commit 1d9f4f1c finishes
> this work.

Modulo a few mistakes. The trouble is that I've been running the whole
series of commands in 'INSTALL' to test this, which means the code I'm
testing has to be in HEAD...so mistakes that I'd usually catch and fix
in testing, before they're ever committed, are committed before they've
been tested. But stability does seem to have been achieved now AFAICT.
And a process like this is less awful now that reinstallation ab ovo
takes only five and a half minutes. I remember when it took forty-five.