lmi

Re: [lmi] Group-quote PDF: whitespace changes, and enhancement

From: Murphy, Kimberly
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group-quote PDF: whitespace changes, and enhancement
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 13:49:40 +0000

Greg Chicares wrote:

> On 2018-03-09 11:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 02:50:58 +0000 Greg Chicares
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> > GC> I've gone ahead and committed that PR,
> >
> >  Thanks!
> >
> > GC> but I think it needs more
> > GC> refinement--I ran 'large-in-dollars.ill' and got a couple
> warnings
> > GC> (which I won't retype here because 'wine' makes it onerous,
> and I
> > GC> imagine you'll see them yourself),
> >
> >  Hmm, no, I don't. But I'll retry under Wine later.
>
> After rebuilding with the changes I pushed to savannah last night,
> which should include all commits in that PR...if I load the
> 'large-in-dollars.ill' input file recently shared, and print that
> illustration to PDF, this messagebox pops up:
>
> "Not enough space for all fixed columns: 136 more pixels needed."
> [file /opt/lmi/src/lmi/wx_table_generator.cpp, line 251"
>
> Just to be sure:
>
> $md5sum large-in-dollars.ill
> 0f45f751b9856a33813505c911737c97  large-in-dollars.ill

Confirmed.

> $git log -1 --pretty=short
> commit e5e8b403b38e0555cc5f318e8f9b7789a564e2ae (HEAD -> master,
> origin/master, origin/HEAD)
> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
>
>     Rectify a technical term

Confirmed.

> > GC> and on the fifth page (4 of 7) the numeric columns exceed the
> available
> > GC> page width.
> >
> >  And I don't see this neither.
> I imagine you would see
>  (1) both the messagebox and that fifth-page anomaly, or
>  (2) neither that messagebox nor that anomaly
> and I'm puzzled that I see (1) and you see (2). I'll ask
> Kim which behavior she sees.

I observe (1) when printing both old and new PDF's or, only the
new PDF. The messagebox appears twice on the screen.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies