lmi

Re: [lmi] Input-sequence anomaly

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Input-sequence anomaly
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:35:14 +0100

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:12:18 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 02/11/2016 04:44 AM, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > On 02/11/2016 03:30 AM, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > [...]
GC> >> Let's try the last example above in gdb:
GC> >
GC> > Once more, to localize the problem...looks like it goes haywire in
GC> > InputSequenceEditor::add_row().
GC>
GC> Now I've localized it as much as I can in lmi. It runs up to
GC> 'input_sequence_entry.cpp' line 532:
GC>
GC>         if(!keywords_only_)
GC>             {
GC>             combo->AutoComplete(kw); // <-- call into wx
GC>             }
GC>
GC> where gdb gives a fairly sensible backtrace. When I execute that line,
GC> calling into wx, __cxa_pure_virtual() is trapped, and the backtrace
GC> looks dodgier.

 Thanks for debugging this, I'm posting this just to let you know that I
can reproduce this with the native compiler. In fact, just compiling the
following simple program is enough:

---------------------------------- >8 --------------------------------------
% cat comboautocomp.cpp
#include <wx/app.h>
#include <wx/combobox.h>
#include <wx/frame.h>

class MyFrame : public wxFrame
{
public:
    MyFrame()
        : wxFrame(NULL, wxID_ANY, "Test")
    {
        new wxComboBox(this, wxID_OK, "", wxPoint(5, 5));

        auto const combo = new wxComboBox(this, wxID_OK, "", wxPoint(5, 55));
        wxArrayString kw;
        kw.push_back("Annual");
        kw.push_back("Semiannual");
        kw.push_back("Quarterly");
        kw.push_back("Monthly");
        combo->Append(kw);
        combo->AutoComplete(kw);
    }
};

class MyApp : public wxApp
{
public:
    bool OnInit() override
    {
        (new MyFrame)->Show();
        return true;
    }

    int OnExit() override { return 0; }
};

wxIMPLEMENT_APP(MyApp);

 The same program works just fine when using the cross-compiler from Debian
and so does lmi, so the problem is indeed specific to the native compiler.
I'm trying to debug it right now but, once again, just wanted to post this
already to let you know that you could stop debugging this as I now can do
it myself.

 Thanks for debugging it so far!
VZ