lmi

Re: [lmi] GUI test: 'validate_output_census' failure

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] GUI test: 'validate_output_census' failure
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:49:55 +0100

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 20:57:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Did we change the program's behavior without updating the tests?

 I'm afraid we did, in r6323:

http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc?view=rev&root=lmi&revision=6323

Reverting this change makes the test pass again, but the right thing is
almost certainly to update the test, especially because it needs another
update after the changes to the menus after the addition of the PDF group
premiums report.

 I attach the patch with the changes that make the pass for me again, but I
didn't have time to test them with MinGW yet, only MSVC. They shouldn't be
compiler-specific however, so I'm relatively confident that they should
work for you too.

GC> If not, then why is this failing now?

 The real problem is that the test is not being run automatically. It would
be really nice to use a CI with lmi. As always, nothing is fool proof but
the likelihood of a test remaining broken for so long would be much smaller
if we had automatic checks for it. I'd really like to set something up for
lmi.

 Regards,
VZ