lmi

Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes in CLI/CGI?

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group premium quotes in CLI/CGI?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 00:48:51 +0000

[I already answered part of this in an offline discussion with Vadim, but
it seems best to keep everything together here...and answer the rest now.]

On 2015-07-06 01:57, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>  I feel like I've just suddenly noticed the elephant in the room but,
> having noticed it now, I can't unnotice it any more and so I have to ask:
> is the PDF generation functionality supposed to be supported in the lmi
> non-GUI executables, i.e. the regular command line as well as the CGI one?

No, that is not needed. Only lmi_wx* can generate PDF files. Neither lmi_cli*
nor lmi_cgi* has ever been able to; they don't need to now; and I'm content
with the decision that they'll never be able to. (Well, I suppose they could,
if I linked them with wx, but I don't want to do that--I want to keep them
lightweight.)

>  And even if we don't have to support this in the non-GUI case, I wonder
> what exactly should happen if mce_emit_group_premium is used then. Should
> it be silently ignored (i.e. handled as mce_emit_nothing) or result in an
> error?

I think we'd just add it here:

  /// Suppress enumerators for emission options not fully implemented.
+ /// ...an explanation that this applied only to non-wx interfaces

  void constrain_values(e_emission& z)
  {
      z.allow(z.ordinal("emit_pdf_to_printer"), false);
      z.allow(z.ordinal("emit_pdf_to_viewer" ), false);
+     z.allow(... your new option here ...
  }

constrain_values() is used only in these two places:

 - allowed_strings_emission()
used only in 'main_cli.cpp' for listing command-line options
for the CLI interface

  mc_emission_from_string()
used only in 'main_cli.cpp' for blocking emission options that
are not available for the CLI interface