lmi

Re: [lmi] wxProgressDialog resists interruption with Cancel

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxProgressDialog resists interruption with Cancel
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:54:38 +0000

On 2013-11-14 16:04Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:32:33 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Anyway, we're left with a puzzle: why does revision 5830 work?
>
>  Right now I don't know, I'd need to debug this to understand what's going
> on. Could you please explain to me what exactly should I do to see the
> problem

Using HEAD revision 5830:

File | New | Census
Census | Add cell [repeat several times]
Census | Print case to disk

If you hit Esc while the busy cursor is not shown, it cancels.

OTOH, with older revisions, the progress dialog cannot be cancelled,
even if you hold the Esc key down throughout. In this diff to 5830:

http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/lmi/trunk/system_command_wx.cpp?root=lmi&r1=5634&r2=5830
you can just comment out this line:
  e && e->YieldFor(wxEVT_CATEGORY_UI);
if that's easier.

> (of course, only if you want me to look into this further, if
> you're happy with the current solution, there is no need for that)?

Yes, please do look into it. Here's a problem: even with revision 5830,
I can interrupt by pressing Esc, but not by clicking the Cancel button,
and also not by clicking the progress dialog's "X" close button.