lmi

Re: [lmi] A difference between wxDataViewControl and wxListView

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] A difference between wxDataViewControl and wxListView
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:56:31 +0200

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:11:56 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC>   File | New | Census
GC>   Census | Add cell
GC> Right-click below the third (and last) row, or to the right of the
GC> (only) column: no local menu appears. With the old wxListView-based
GC> census manager, the menu appears upon right-clicking anywhere in the
GC> client area (except for the headers); wouldn't that behavior be less
GC> surprising for msw users at least?

 Hello,

 Yes, I believe MSW users do expect right click to work everywhere. And
wxDataViewCtrl does allow showing the context menu even when the mouse is
clicked outside of the items area, so it's just the question of deciding
that we want to show it in this case.

 And I was sure that we did until seeing the point (3) of Wendy's message
about the census view testing which seems to directly contradict it. So now
I don't know if we should change this or not any more.

 Again, it's simple to do it either way, we just need to choose what
exactly do we want to do and I think you should do it as you know the needs
(and habits) of your users better than we do.

 Thanks,
VZ