lmi

Re: [lmi] Census pasting [Was: Allow direct drill-down editing in census

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Census pasting [Was: Allow direct drill-down editing in census manager]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:52:48 +0000

On 2010-07-28 19:11Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
> [...]
>   http://www.nongnu.org/lmi/pasting_to_a_census.html
> Copy thence the "census you can copy and paste", then:
>   File | New | Census
>   Census | Paste census data
>
> But if you do that with HEAD as of this moment, you won't see the
> input-sequence fields 'Payment' and 'DeathBenefitOption'. They should
> be displayed, but they aren't. The behavior has been incorrect since
> 20100703Z. I'll fix that soon; the problem is an equality-comparison
> function that compares only ancillary data but ignores the primary
> value.

With or without the changes committed between the time I wrote that
and 20100728T2041Z, try this:

  copy anything but a valid census to the clipboard
    [I copied the single letter 'm']
  File | New | Census
  Census | Paste census data
  Census | Print case

It segfaults. It's been that way for some time. Hence revision 5084
of 20100728T2042Z. Code such as this:

  bool CensusView::DoAllCells(mcenum_emission emission)
  {
      assert_consistency(case_parms()[0], cell_parms()[0]);

assumes that cell_parms() is not empty. I suppose I should add
appropriate assertions to the accessors.