lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] wxHTML table header alignment

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] wxHTML table header alignment
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:56:05 +0100

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:50:38 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2008-10-30 07:30Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:
GC> > On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 17:24 +0100, Vaclav Slavik wrote:
GC> >> I don't think so, this very much looks like something is broken deep
GC> >> in the layout code.
GC> >
GC> > It wasn't that bad, the fix is here:
GC> > http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/56590
GC> >
GC> > As a temporary workaround before 2.8.10, it helps to eliminate the
GC> > whitespace between closing </th> and the next <th>, e.g. like this:
GC> >
GC> > <th valign="bottom" width="8%">Net Outlay
GC>
GC> Using the 2009-03-08 wx snapshot, I'm seeing what looks like the same
GC> anomaly reported in my 2008-10-27T02:36Z email, for example with these
GC> headers (which have no whitespace before close tags):

 Sorry, I don't know anything about the real problem, just a quick note
about the peripheral question:

GC> Here, I'm experimentally using <td> for headers, instead of <th> as in
GC> the past, because wxHTML now renders <th> headers in boldface. Both
GC> firefox and ie6 use boldface there, too, as I believe w3c suggests, so
GC> that's actually a wxHTML improvement

 Yes, exactly, this was done on purpose as it is indeed both the common
practice and seems to be the implied W3C recommendation (I didn't find any
explicit wording to this subject but this is how the example in HTML
standard shows it). I didn't think this could create any problems, sorry if
it did. But, just in case, maybe you should have a look at docs/changes.txt
as this is just one of many things mentioned there. I don't know of
anything else that might affect LMI but maybe something else there rings
some bells for you.

 Regards,
VZ