lmi

Re: [lmi] Empty xml child text nodes [Was: product editor patch]

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] Empty xml child text nodes [Was: product editor patch]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:13:02 +0200

Greg Chicares wrote:
> I wonder whether changing push_back() itself would be better
> (we already modify the library via 'xmlwrapp-0.5.0.patch').

In general, I'm wary of using local patches that have no chance of
being applied upstream (OTOH, this is bad criteria for xmlwrapp,
which appears to be dead). I think that's the case here: inserting
empty text node into the DOM tree is legitimate operation, it's not
push_back()'s job to filter it out.

> But let me know if you feel strongly that this particular set
> of changes should be applied now without considering whether
> to refactor globally for simplicity.

It doesn't look like important change to me at all, it just polishes
the output, so it's certainly not urgent.

Vaclav

--
PGP key: 0x465264C9, available from http://pgp.mit.edu/