lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] overview of C++ expression template libraries

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] overview of C++ expression template libraries
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:23:20 +0100

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:43:46 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2005-8-31 12:33 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >
GC> > 1. PETE if I can make it work as easily as you say
GC> > 2. uBLAS
GC> > 3. boost::lambda
GC> > 4. std::valarray
GC> > 5. maybe something hand-coded if I can do it quickly (< day?)
GC>
GC> I was looking at this over the holiday season.

 What a nice way to spend the holidays ;-) Happy New Year!

GC> I would choose PETE over std::valarray, at least as a first step.

 I don't see anything against PETE except that it doesn't seem clear
whether it's actively maintained. So the wisest approach would probably be
to make sure that we can understand its code and, if necessary, debug and
maintain it ourselves before committing to using it.

 Best regards,
VZ