[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[lmi-commits] [lmi] master d093a34 3/6: Refine instructions for installi
[lmi-commits] [lmi] master d093a34 3/6: Refine instructions for installing native msw software in chroot
Tue, 6 Mar 2018 07:02:45 -0500 (EST)
Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
Refine instructions for installing native msw software in chroot
Indicated a convenient moment for installing native msw software.
Removed instructions for installing msw-native java: they don't work
since debian-9 because the installer most commonly used for msw says:
This machine does not have the recommended amount of memory to
install this product.
on a machine with 64 GiB of RAM, and that cannot be fixed because,
while java is said to be free, this installer is not; and once FOP
has been replaced, end users won't need java to run lmi anyway.
README.schroot | 13 +------------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 12 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README.schroot b/README.schroot
index a15ec45..e096d8f 100644
@@ -270,6 +270,7 @@ exit
# to this directory (after making sure it's up to date):
# cp --dereference --preserve --recursive /WHEREVER/blessed
# cp -a /srv/cache_for_lmi/* /srv/chroot/lmi-buster/cache_for_lmi/
+# Also install any desired msw software into the chroot now.
# Configure ssh, iff this chroot needs write access to savannah.
# The easiest way is to copy existing credentials, e.g.:
@@ -280,15 +281,6 @@ exit
# See the discussion of hashing (inter alia) here:
-# Use an msw-native java to let lmi write illustrations to pdf. See:
-# It's convenient to obtain it outside a chroot, where a web browser
-# is available--e.g., save this file:
-# to /srv/cache_for_lmi/, then copy it into the chroot's filesystem:
-# cp -a /srv/cache_for_lmi/jre-1_5_0-windows-i586.exe
-# where it can be run later. Only the JRE is wanted, and nothing else.
# Enter the chroot as a normal user
@@ -318,9 +310,6 @@ winecfg
# (the other options don't seem to matter)
# then restart the application
-# Install java.
# Symlink directories used by lmi, so that both native and wine
# builds use the same directories and can share the same
# architecture-independent 'configurable_settings.xml'--much like the
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master updated (e83e6aa -> 6f51143), Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master 83139ca 1/6: Explicitly install wget in chroot, Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master 86f972d 4/6: Configure wine in chroot, Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master ecc2e84 2/6: Suggest a useful 'less' option, Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master e5afdf2 5/6: Improve vim's treatment of '.mst' files, Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master 6f51143 6/6: Improve vim configuration, Greg Chicares, 2018/03/06
- [lmi-commits] [lmi] master d093a34 3/6: Refine instructions for installing native msw software in chroot,
Greg Chicares <=