listhelper-discuss

Re: A note about the list js-devs-task-force

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: A note about the list js-devs-task-force
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:52:26 GMT

Yep, it looks fine as far as listhelper/spam goes.

The only unusual thing I see is that it is set for subscribers to be
approved (by you), but the list is publicly advertised on the
list-of-lists.  Any publicly advertised list attracts people, both good
and bad guys, who routinely subscribe to all public lists.

Assuming you don't want to deal with them, i.e., want to personally
invite all members of the list, I strongly suggest setting advertised=no
on https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/js-devs-task-force/privacy.  (Or
I can do it for you if you like.)  Conversely, if the list is supposed
to be open to any interested party, then subscribe_policy should just be
confirm.

Cheers,
Karl