listhelper-discuss

Re: Debbugs-submit post from address@hidden requires approval

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Debbugs-submit post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:42:46 -0500

Bob Proulx wrote (on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 at 16:12 -0700):

> I haven't had a chance to look at that particular message yet.  But I
> thought I would say a few words about the general problem.  But if the
> original message was flagged automatically then if the message is
> re-sent very soon then the re-send will probably also be flagged the
> same way.

I know these things happen. I forward these mails not as a complaint,
but just so that you can train the Bayesian filter on these messages
as non-spam. I suppose I don't need to forward the whole message, I
could just send the message-id.

> Perhaps we should set up a target address for sending false positive
> hits such that it would be easier to train-on-error the Bayes engine.
> The listhelpers do this routinely but with direct access to the
> system.  I acknowledge that for others there isn't currently a way to
> do this without contacting us.

It happens very rarely. I'm happy to just forward things to
listhelper-discuss (assuming it is useful for me to do so).