liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] "Most Original Linux Game" award

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] "Most Original Linux Game" award
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:24:32 +0100

Hi everybody,

FYI, Liquid War has won a "Most Original Linux Game" award on the Linux
Game Tome. Below is the mail I received, with related URLs.

BTW, I'm currently preparing 5.5.9. I've implemented the "CPU does not
always fight humans" feature/option, and also fixed some code to prevent
potential - but rather theorical - buffer overflows. I'm also trying to
fix a very old bug, concerning clients complaining with "bad checksum"
when one plays over a network with tweaked options. However, I currently
do not have much time to do it since I need to find a new job and this
eats up a bunch of my free time. But 5.5.9 is coming, don't worry. It
might come with BeOS support as well.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

----- Forwarded message from Bob Zimbinski -----

Hi,

As you may or may not already know, Liquid War has been given the
Happypenguin Award for Most Original Linux Game.  The Linux gaming
community nominated its favorite Linux games at the Linux Game Tome
(http://happypenguin.org), then voted for the best.  The complete list
of winners and nominees is posted here:
http://happypenguin.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=549

Attached is a shiny graphic that you can use to brag about your game if
you wish.

congratulations,
Bob

----- End forwarded message -----